Coconut oil is one of the most amazing and versatile substances on the planet today. This valuable substance is so great because it has so many different coconut oil uses.
Today, we’re going to take some time to discover the best uses for coconut oil. We’ll tell you how to use coconut oil for hair, how to use coconut oil for skin, how to use coconut oil for acne, how to use coconut oil for weight loss, coconut oil uses for dogs, and much more.
As you are about to learn today, the best coconut oil uses really are truly amazing. And when we are finished, you will see just how powerful this oily substance can be.
Are you ready to learn the truth? Are you ready to finally find out the best uses for coconut oil? Are you finally ready to discover coconut oil uses that will make your life so much better on so many levels?
Let’s learn the truth starting right now.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair
Are you hoping to have lush and shiny hair? Well, it’s easier than ever to have healthy and manageable hair when you begin using coconut oil in it on a regular basis.
The great thing about coconut oil is that you can use it as a replacement for other haircare products. Instead of spending a fortune on other styling products and commercial conditioners, you can now replace them with coconut oil and use this all-natural solution to ultimately benefit the health of your hair.
Why switch to coconut oil?
Well, switching the coconut oil for your hair is very beneficial because it contains many excellent properties. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, antimicrobial properties, as well as medium chain fatty acids. The combination of all of these incredible ingredients makes it easier than ever to regrow hair, condition your scalp, and even strengthens your existing hair.
The five best ways to discover how to use coconut oil for hair are as follows:
- Works great as a hair conditioner – when it comes to using coconut oil, one of the best ways to implement it into your daily hair care routine is to use it as conditioner. Many of today’s conditioners contain very harmful and unnatural chemicals that can do more harm than good to your hair. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is made up of an all-natural ingredient that works perfect as a conditioner for many different types of hair.
Hair has a tendency to dry out and break because of a lack of protein. The lauric acid contained within coconut oil can penetrate the hair at the shaft, and since it contains so many great vitamins, minerals, and medium chain fatty acids, it also has the ability to nourish your hair and keep it healthy looking and strong.
The best way to use coconut oil as conditioner:
If you have short hair, you only need to use ¼ teaspoon of your favorite coconut oil to replace your conditioner.
If your hair is on the longer and thicker side, you may need to use as much as a half a tablespoon in order to experience the greatest benefits from coconut oil acting as a conditioner.
If you have thin hair, it’s best to use coconut oil sparingly. It could actually end up weighing your hair down if you happen to use too much.
- Helps to improve hair growth – if you happen to be struggling and having a difficult time growing your hair, one reasonably priced solution that is effective and safe is to begin using coconut oil. This oil is especially effective if you have thinning hair and you’re hoping to get a fuller, thicker head of hair.
As far as hair regrowth is concerned, there is one essential nutrient that has the ability to help hair become thicker and fuller in no time at all. The ingredient that we’re talking about today is called lauric acid. It can penetrate your hair at the shaft level and improve hair health overall.
Stop using harsh chemicals that irritate your scalp and cause your hair to become brittle and fall out. Natural remedies for hair loss are always the best way to go, and coconut oil is definitely an excellent option.
The best way to use coconut oil is a hair growth treatment:
Spend 10 minutes, three times per week, massaging coconut oil into your scalp. Do so gently and apply pressure. By doing this, you will help to improve your overall blood circulation, and this will help support hair growth.
For greatest results, it’s best to use 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to achieve your desired results. If you’re looking for deep conditioning, on the other hand, you can also add rosemary essential oil and sandalwood essential oil to the coconut oil for additional increased circulation and experience as much as 20% new hair growth.
- Coconut oil helps eliminate dandruff – next, another one of our favorite coconut oil uses is to use it to eliminate dandruff. As far as the best uses for coconut oil go, this is definitely one of our favorites. If you happen to suffer from severe and annoying dandruff, you’ll be glad about the powerful benefits that coconut oil can provide.
Although people in the modern era have no idea, but for hundreds of years many people have been using coconut oil to fight off dandruff. Dandruff is annoying, itchy, unsightly, and typically happens because of dry skin and sensitivity to chemicals that are contained in many haircare products.
The medium chain fatty acids within coconut oil, including capric acid and lauric acid, contain many wonderful antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties. They can help fight off bacteria, viruses, and fungus that lurks within the scalp.
By fighting against these unwanted conditions, you will notice the difference immediately and see that it actually can help to eliminate the flakiness caused by dandruff. Applying coconut oil topically will help eradicate dandruff once and for all.
The best way to use coconut oil to treat dandruff:
Using coconut oil to treat dandruff is definitely a good thing. It helps to fight against yeast and fungus infections. When using this healthy oil, you can combine it with other essential oils including tea tree oil, thyme, winter green, lavender and more.
To achieve the best results, you’ll want to use coconut oil as an intensive dandruff treatment. Take five drops of one of the oils mentioned above, and combine it with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Once you have created a mixture, you can begin using this in your hair after you have washed it. Put it in your hair and massage your scalp with the coconut oil. This will immediately begin to help remove the unwanted effects of dandruff on your scalp.
- Coconut oil is the perfect ingredient for styling – everyone wants to have beautiful, luscious, and stylish hair. But some of us unfortunately do not have hair that looks very attractive. For one reason or another, we may not have bouncy, gorgeous hair with a beautiful shine.
One simple way to improve hair styling is to get rid of all of the harsh chemicals that you use on your hair that are no longer needed. You can replace these harsh chemicals with coconut oil instead, and it’s much better than using conventional hair care products.
More often than not, people have a tendency to overlook coconut oil as far as styling is concerned. They think about it for dandruff, hair health, and they definitely use it as a conditioner, but when it comes to styling most people forget that this oil can definitely help improve styling and take it to the next level.
The best way use coconut oil for styling:
It’s best to begin with a tiny amount. Only use one quarter of a teaspoon to 1 teaspoon, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Rub the coconut oil throughout your hair from the root all the way to the tips, and then blow dry your hair and begin styling it in the way that you desire. Ultimately, this should be enough to give you perfectly styled and very attractive looking hair.
- Using coconut oil for lice prevention and lice treatment – lice is an insidious problem that can really get out of control if not treated immediately. Coconut oil happens to be one of the best natural treatments for lice. Using it is also an excellent way to prevent lice.
According to one study that was recently published in the European Journal of Pediatrics, combining anise spray and coconut oil is more effective than using common prescription drug treatments. As a matter of fact, the controlled study discovered that coconut oil had an 82% success rate as opposed to the prescription drug being used which only had a 42% success rate. As you can clearly see, coconut oil was 40% better at preventing and controlling lice when compared to the prescription drug alternative.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin
Coconut oil has many wonderful skin uses as well, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that this versatile oil can help heal the skin with zero downside. Not only is it great for health and longevity, but it’s also loaded with good fats that help provide wonderful energy when ingesting it as a food. Plus, this amazing oil has many wonderful benefits for the skin. Yes, you read that correctly. Coconut oil is good on the outside as much as it is good on the inside.
Not only is coconut oil a fantastic natural remedy for the skin, it also allows you to eliminate many of the other products that you use that contain chemical and toxic ingredients typically found on drugstore shelves. Plus, coconut oil is very inexpensive when compared to some of today’s best skin health products. So, you literally get the best of both worlds. You get a natural, non-toxic remedy for your skin that also happens to be very cost-effective. Obviously, this is a win-win situation for everyone with skin problems looking to overcome their condition using natural remedies.
Today, we would like to share information with you about 10 ways that you can use coconut oil for the skin. When all is said and done, your skin will be healthy, radiant, and absolutely fantastic looking!
Are you ready to learn the truth about coconut oil and how to use coconut oil for skin? We’ll dive in without further delay right now.
10 ways to use coconut oil for skin:
- Use it as body butter – instead of covering your body with fake fragrances and harmful chemicals, ditch all of the conventional lotions from here on out and make your own instead. Using coconut oil combined with Shea oil and jojoba oil makes perfect body butter. It’s best to use this after taking a shower because it helps to lock in the moisture. This butter is an excellent choice for your skin.
Is coconut oil really great for the skin? It is, and it’s an excellent choice because it contains saturated fats that help the skin stay moisturized. The fat actually helps prevent the loss of moisture through the pores of the skin. Plus, they add a smooth and healthy even tone to your skin.
- Use it as a body scrub – next, you’ll want to begin using coconut oil on your skin as a body scrub because it helps to eliminate dead skin cells and retain moisture. Plus, it also works as an excellent facial scrub and allows you to eliminate all of your chemical filled, expensive over-the-counter products that you’ll no longer need. It’s easy to use coconut oil as a body scrub if you mix it with coconut sugar. It will help reveal smooth skin if you use it just a few times per week.
- Coconut oil makes the perfect face wash – coconut oil makes an excellent face wash because it contains antimicrobial properties. Plus, it has many wonderful moisturizing capabilities. And better yet, it’s perfect to act as a wonderful face wash if you use the right recipe. Not only will it help to keep your skin hydrated and looking young and vibrant, it will also help to eliminate unwanted acne so you can say goodbye to your pimples once and for all.
- Add coconut oil to your detox bath – if you’re looking to eliminate toxins from your body, one of the best ways to do so is to take a detox bath. It’s a fun way to sit back, relax, unwind, and clear your body of unnatural impurities. You can use coconut oil mixed with Epsom salt to create a relaxing detox bath. Add the oil and Epsom salt in hot water, let it dissolve into the bath, and then lay back and let the solution do its work.
- Coconut oil acts as an insect repellent – forget about using toxic chemicals on your body from now on to fight unwanted insects. Start using coconut oil instead. This versatile oil can keep insects that bay when you mix it with your favorite essential oils including citronella, mint, eucalyptus, lemongrass, cloves and more.
- Coconut oil makes an excellent body oil – if you have dry skin, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for this problem. You can turn it into a wonderful body oil and use it instead of the expensive, chemical laden body lotions. Make sure to rub coconut oil on your body to experience the best effects. And if you have certain areas that need additional help – like knees and elbows – you should use even more coconut oil on the specific areas to experience the biggest benefits.
- Coconut oil acts as an excellent makeup remover – instead of spending your hard earned money on expensive makeup removal creams, you can invest in cost-effective coconut oil as an alternative. Use it around the eyes to remove makeup without fear. You will never irritate your eyes when using coconut oil. And to make this experience even more positive, please note that the coconut oil will add additional hydration to this particularly sensitive area, and it even helps reduce wrinkles. So, gently rub this oil onto your eyelids and wipe it off with a warm washcloth or a cotton pad to remove unwanted makeup at the end of the day.
- Use coconut oil as a shaving gel – many shaving creams contain harmful chemicals that dry out the skin. Instead of using shaving cream, which is also very expensive, you should take advantage of the wonderful benefits of coconut oil. Not only will it help eliminate razor burns and prevent ingrown hair, it also adds moisture to the skin and makes it very silky and smooth when all is said and done.
- Fight back against unwanted skin conditions with coconut oil – since coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory properties, it can be used to treat certain skin conditions that many people often have a difficult time getting rid of when using traditional medicine. Coconut oil is great to fight back against eczema and psoriasis. And it’s also excellent for other skin conditions like rosacea and chronic skin diseases. If you suffer from any type of skin disease whatsoever, give coconut oil a try. You’ll be surprised at the amazing results.
- Relieve sunburn with coconut oil – last on our list today is using coconut oil to relieve pain and suffering caused by sunburn. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can help to soothe inflamed skin. Not only that, but it also contains hydrating properties so it can help to rehydrate the skin and even reduce further redness.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Acne
Are you unfortunately suffering from acne breakouts? If so, one excellent remedy that you may not have ever considered is coconut oil. There are many coconut oil uses, and using it to fight back against acne is one of them. In fact, we consider it one of the best uses for coconut oil today.
This oil effectively treats acne because it contains ingredients that can fight back against this infection. Acne is caused by clogged pores. When the glands are clogged with bacteria, an obstruction occurs, which eventually turns into an acne breakout.
Using coconut oil is an excellent way to treat acne breakouts. We will tell you all about that and more as we dig into the specific details below.
How to Use Coconut Oil as an Acne Treatment
At the end of the day, coconut oil contains a number of ingredients that will combat acne. In fact, there are three major reasons why coconut oil is the best option that we will explain below.
The main examples include:
- Coconut oil contains fatty acids – the fatty acids within coconut oil are very powerful when it comes to the role of treating acne. This oil also contains two microbial agents named lauric acid and capric acid. These acids are found in breast milk and actually help to protect newborn babies from unwanted infections. When you apply these ingredients to the skin in the form of coconut oil, good microbes can create a protective layer over the skin and prevent further acne breakouts. Acne cannot develop unless there is a microbial infection. Coconut oil will prevent a microbial infection from ever happening. And this is why coconut oil is so effective at preventing and treating acne.
- Coconut oil contains vitamin E – as we all know, vitamin E is an excellent substance for the skin. Coconut oil contains plentiful amounts of this wonderful vitamin. It helps keep your skin healthy to start with. Second, it also has the ability to clear blockages in the sebum glands, which are the glands that cause acne when they are clogged.
- Coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory properties – lastly, the final great benefit of using coconut oil for acne is that it contains anti-inflammatory properties. This oil will highly penetrate the skin, and the anti-inflammatory properties will help soothe it and reduce inflammation. Plus, coconut oil is absorbed quickly, so it can begin working immediately to relieve your skin of unwanted acne. Not only can help heal acne, it can even help heal other open wounds and it even has the ability to improve and speed up your metabolism. Your chances of developing acne are much less when you take advantage of the anti-inflammatory properties in coconut oil.
Final Thoughts about Coconut Oil and Acne
Before we go, it’s important to point out that some people have better luck using coconut oil for their acne than others. Results always vary when it comes to a treatment like this. At least coconut oil isn’t expensive, so you don’t have to shell out an arm and a leg in order to find out if this treatment is going to work for you. Thankfully, the success rates are great as far as treating acne with coconut oil is concerned, so you should have an excellent experience right from the get-go.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Weight Loss
Are you having a difficult time losing weight? So many people struggle just like you. But there is a select group of people that find it easy to lose weight now that they are using coconut oil to help with the weight loss process.
Not only is coconut oil going to help you lose weight, but it’s also great because it can help you lose body fat. This fat is very weight loss friendly, and the unique combination of fatty acids creates a powerful effect on your metabolism and helps to speed it up.
Why Is Coconut Oil so Effective for Weight Loss?
To put it simply, coconut oil is effective for weight loss because it contains medium chain triglycerides and fatty acids. These fatty acids help boost your metabolism. The bottom line is that once your metabolism begins working quicker, your body will begin to burn fat and unwanted calories much faster. Instead of gaining weight, you will use up the excess energy and no longer keep it stored around your waist line, hips, thighs, and other areas of your body.
How Does Coconut Oil Boost Metabolism?
Simply put, coconut oil is capable of boosting metabolism because this oil is thermogenic, which means that it has the ability to increase fat burning a.k.a. energy expenditure.
To put it another way, this fat is much healthier than other fats. The body has the ability to burn it a lot faster and use it as fuel immediately instead of storing it on your body as unwanted fat.
Can Coconut Oil Aid Weight Loss in Other Ways?
Yes, coconut oil can certainly aid in weight loss in a number of different ways. Some of the best ways that coconut oil can aid in weight loss include:
- Helps reduce your appetite – science hasn’t been able to specifically discover the mechanism that makes coconut oil reduce your appetite, but many studies prove that it is certainly there. Take our word for it and try it for yourself. If you begin using coconut oil as a supplement, your appetite will reduce and your weight will begin to diminish.
- Helps burn body fat including dangerous abdominal fat – coconut oil not only reduces appetite and boosts metabolism, it is also known as a long-term fat burner. Several studies show us that taking two tablespoons of coconut oil a day lead to reduced waist circumferences and other metabolic health improvements.
As you can clearly see, coconut oil is an excellent source to use if you are trying to lose weight. This powerful substance can help speed up your metabolism, help burn body fat, and even help you reduce your appetite over the long term. Using coconut oil in your diet as a supplement is an excellent way to finally drop those unwanted pounds.
Coconut Oil Uses for Dogs
Dogs are a man’s best friend, right? Well, dogs also seem to be pretty good friends with their female human counterparts. And as a great friend, you want to do everything possible to make sure that your dog is healthy and strong for as long as possible.
As you can imagine, there are many wonderful reasons why you should consider using coconut oil and adding it to your dog’s diet. Your dog’s health should mean the world to you, and by adding this wonderful substance you will help your dog stay healthier for much longer.
Our five favorite reasons and coconut oil uses for dogs include:
- Helps to increase your dogs energy – coconut oil is packed with energy, so when your dog begins to take it as a supplement and you add it to his or her diet, your dog will experience more energy especially as he or she gets older.
- Helps to reduce your dog’s weight – as you learned earlier in this article, coconut oil aids in weight loss. The same holds true for weight loss with dogs. If you start using coconut oil in your dog’s diet, he or she will begin to lose weight quickly and easily.
- Coconut oil reduces or eliminates doggy breath – unfortunately dogs often have unattractive breath. This is something that many dogs have to live with since their normally isn’t a great solution to this problem. Well, coconut oil is the solution that you’ve been missing. It can help reduce or eliminate doggy breath in no time at all.
- It helps improve nutrient absorption – if your dog is having a difficult time absorbing its nutrients, consider adding coconut oil to its diet. It will help aid nutrient absorption and your dog will begin to feel healthy and strong in no time.
- Coconut oil helps improve dog skin health – if your dog has any skin conditions like eczema, flea allergies, dermatitis, itchy skin, or anything else, apply coconut oil and add it to your dog’s diet and these conditions will clear up relatively quickly.
As you can clearly see, there are many wonderful benefits to using coconut oil. We’ve shared 35 or more of our favorite uses for this incredible substance. Take advantage and begin incorporating it into your lifestyle immediately.